OT: Still Earlier Antedating of "Restaurant"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Mar 14 23:15:29 UTC 2010

At 3/14/2010 03:26 PM, victor steinbok wrote:
>  I'll take GB as
>is, even while grumbling loudly.

That's hard for me to do when there is no way (that I have yet
discovered) to give Google Books feedback on its errors.  Quite
different from the Harvard Library catalog -- where I have become
known by first name -- but am still welcomed! -- for pointing out
errors in their cataloging.  (The latest of interest being their
claiming that a 11-or-so-volume set of the works of Samuel Johnson
was an 8-or-so-volume set of the works of Alexander Pope!  Since
corrected, without leaving a trace on-line.  And I've shredded my
paper evidence.)

Joel