M is for meridian

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 18 16:13:55 UTC 2010

There may be some notational ambiguity, but it's hardly absurd.
Although the time given generally is thought of as a moment in time,
in reality, it implies time forward. So if the time given is noon, the
time forward is PM. Personally, I have never seen 12M, although /i
have seen a share of "12 noon" and even 12N. The ambiguity is
frequently removed by specifying 12:01 instead of 12, which eliminates
the "moment in time" problem, but really just makes the "time forward"
assumption explicit.

VS-)