Negative Nancies and other related musings

Sun Mar 21 09:16:33 UTC 2010

Joel S. Berson wrote:

> And Michael does not cite any sources or dates for the unreality of John
> Stiles and Richard Miles.  (Wikipedia cites Quinion, and I would not be
> surprised if the other 4578 hits all derive from these 2!)

I seem to recall that at the time I was as stymied by these two as anybody
else. I'm glad to learn from Garson O'Toole that they do actually appear
in the historical record. Another piece that needs updating ...

--
Michael Quinion
Editor, World Wide Words