"embroid(e)led"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 23 20:05:22 UTC 2010

 From an e-mail sent to me by a Yale senior:

"As I am embroidled in my senior essay at the moment..."

Evidently < embroiled + embroidered.  Many of the g-hits for
_embroid(e)led_ involve simple variants on "embroidered", but there
are a number of blends of the above kind, many involving references
to the Indian subcontinent:

The major surperpowers aren't dumb enough to get embroidled in this
conflict to the point of world war. Israel isn't that important to
China, Russia,...

However she also finds herself embroidled in hate and some very low
moments. It's chicklit, it's a romance but it's fun.

the minority Tamil society in Sri Lanka became increasingly
embroideled in a civil, ethnic war from 1983 onwards

However the decision soon became embroidled in controversy when the
awarding of the license was chellanged in the Supreme Court on
grounds of corruption etc .

A teenage private detective finds himself embroidled in the trappings
of a teen noir.

I can't wait till he [Tony Blair] gets embroidled in some sordid sex
scandal. He's far too much of a goody-two-shoes. It's actually
cringeworthy

 From hereon the [Vikram Bhatt] film delves deep down into the
underbelly of corporate world, media, politics, glamour and sex where
each of the characters find themselves embroideled.

Thus the sequence of events in the Tana Bhagat Movement shows the
impact which Mahatma Gandhi and his associates created on the tribals
specially the Tana Bhagats. No where we can find that these tribals
during these years claimed separatism or they were embroideled in
fighting the Dikus...

That's the trouble with people,as long as they're not tangled up in a
predicament they just don't care.Nobody cares how things seem to work
as long as they do in fact work.Of course it's all the exact frame of
opposite when trouble lands on their own doorstep.Then they naturally
expect support and help in a situation because it has came upon
them.Todays generation is in a word "ignorant".They're too
embroideled in their own little distractions to flinch at the sight
of the ever growing bad news on television,they see terror on CNN and
what do they do? break out the snacks and treat it like a spectator
sport,either that or switch over to Fox.
[forums.prowrestlingfans.com]

LH