Girdle String --> G-string?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 27 04:37:06 UTC 2010

I, on the other hand, am astounded to discover that there is or was
any connection between the term "G-string," however spelled, and
non-Western or other indigenous peoples of whatever origin. However I
have noticed its rising from the dead with a meaning somewhat
different from the meaning that it had till the necessity of its use
was rendered obsolete by the legality of totally-nude display by women
as a form of public entertainment.

-Wilson

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Sam Clements <SClements at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Sam Clements <SClements at NEO.RR.COM>
> Subject:      Re: Girdle String --> G-string?
>
> I'm only surprised it took this long for this to be the main theory.
>
> Sam Clements

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain