Moses with horns

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Mar 28 20:01:13 UTC 2010

At 2:10 PM -0400 3/28/10, Wilson Gray wrote:
>Acording to the story that I heard, the translators of the Septuagint
>misread the Hebrew word, _qrn_ "ray" for the word, _qrn_ "horn," both
>related to _QoReN_, the surname of my first Hebrew professor.
>
>To those who know what really happened, please note that I present an
>alternative *story* and not the *truth*.
>
>-Wilson

I've read the same account in a novel and now that i look for it I
see it showing up in various places on the web.  So it *must* be true!

One of my favorite debunking accounts begins eloquently,

"Not only did Moses not have horns but actually *no* Jews have horns
contrary to what the old anti-Semitic myth purports"
http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/662,2068869/Did-Moses-have-horns.html

Gee, and here I always thought that's why all Jews wear hats.

LH