No more "Christian name, sir?" in Kent, UK

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun Mar 28 21:06:35 UTC 2010

Wilson wrote:

> Aren't we talking about the *police*, here?

The original posted report dealt specifically with Kent Police, which is
pretty much a rural beat, and more than a little image conscious because of
the tourist trade.  Distinctly tabby cat:

        http://www.kent.police.uk/

(If the Kent police tried to fit you up, it would probably be for a Really
Serious Crime like a parking zone violation.  Dangerous place, Margate.)

Now, if it were an urban force like Birmingham or Liverpool, let alone, god
help us, the Met, cheeking them would be another matter.

            Robin