"Connecring the dots": origin?

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 00:27:59 UTC 2010

If my memory is not failing me now, Gardner had something similar
under the name Brussels Sprouts. Only the dots need not be on parallel
lines. Of course, this could have been an entirely different game. He
also had a race-track game where you could move in any direction on
the track, but the speed could only increase or decrease in either
direction by one--the goal being either to get to the finish line
first or to block out your opponents and make them crash.

There is now a plastic version of the same game where opponent place
gates of different lengths in order to block in the final move. This
can also be a version of solitaire, with the goal of connecting all
the dots.

VS-)