yoda as a generic

Tue May 4 16:54:06 UTC 2010

Victor Steinbok
> However, Lucas referred to Joseph Campbell as "my Yoda"

Yes, that is the most entertaining match I found. The following 1985
quote is from a man who should really know something about Yoda:

I think you can say about some authors that their work is more
important than them. But with Joe (Joseph Campbell), as great as his
works are, there is no doubt in my mind that the body of his work is
not as great as the man. He is a really wonderful man and he has
become my Yoda.
George Lucas,
National Arts Club, 1985

http://books.google.com/books?id=2wnmb50GJfsC&q=%22my+yoda%22#v=snippet&