Fw: [ADS-L] yoda as a generic

Wed May 5 07:17:21 UTC 2010

As have a gazillion other proper nouns. This makes them proper nouns used figuratively by a commonlplace linguistic process. .

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Barr <rickbarremail at GMAIL.COM>
Date:         Tue, 4 May 2010 23:55:45
To: <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: [ADS-L] Fw: [ADS-L] yoda as a generic

As far as I can tell, it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but Ben
Zimmer published an article a couple of months ago on the eponym Kanye:
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/2199/

Significantly for this discussion, *Kanye* jumped directly into use as a
verb, while retaining the capital K.

-- Rick