yoda as a generic

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed May 5 13:02:07 UTC 2010

>Date:    Tue, 4 May 2010 13:54:50 -0400
>From:    Charles Doyle <cdoyle at UGA.EDU>
>Subject: Re: yoda as a generic
>
>Ron may be grumpy, but I'd say he's also RIGHT. There's all the
>difference in the world, lexically, between "He's a yoda" and "He's
>a quisling."
>
>--Charlie

I appreciate Ron's precision -- I learn stuff by posting stupid stuff
to the list and then being corrected/enlightened.

Charlie, is the distinction you're raising just the fact that there's
just one Yoda for the common term (what I was calling the "generic")
to refer to whereas there was a group the Quislings for the common
term to refer to? And because of that "quisling" can be a generic,
but "yoda" cannot?

---Amy West