thumb the nose

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 15 14:45:17 UTC 2010

Good one.  How about the rudder of a ship.  so when one thumbs their nose, they imitate a ship showing it's rudder to you, which means "Ha ha, I'm ahead of you,loser."  Everybody hold up a right hand with verticle index finger and laterally extended thumb for an "L".

I first thought "longship" was a mergeword ~merjwerd for "long lasting relationship", but it's a boat.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling