"lewd walking"

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 18 03:47:44 UTC 2010

We lived for many years in Framingham, Mass., where mny wife was an memeber
of the elected Town Meeting. She points out to me that there may well have
once been a charge of "lewd walking" on the books, that it could have been
removed in a cleanup some years ago, and that the person making the arrest
was unaware of the change. Or maybe it counts as an older name for the same
behavior. There have been a number of such antiquated loaws, some with
now-quaint names, on the books of the Commonwealth, though none spring to
this weary mind. (11:46 pm)

m a m