Clashing slang

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton2 at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed May 19 09:56:13 UTC 2010

From: <ronbutters at AOL.COM>

> I have now received three messages from Wilson, to with no text at all and
> this one that seems to be some kind of mistake. Is there something wrong
> with the machinery somewhere, or is ADS-L now a channel for saying nothing
> at all?

I took it that the point of the first two were that the content of the mail
was contained in the subject line of the post -- signaled by the ending
[NT] -- and the second, where "No text" was included in the body of the
message, was to make this usage clear.

(The third message is different.)

Or have I got this wrong?

Robin