Vietnam (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 20 23:15:01 UTC 2010

There's no comparison. I think if Bill had spent as much time trying to
reconstruct his traffic accidents as Blumenthal has spent over the
years reflecting on his military service, Bill's driver's license would
be long gone by now.

Blumenthal has had plenty of practice, Bill, I assume, hasn't.

It is hard to explain this away as a slip of the tongue: "I wore the uniform
in Vietnam and many came back to all kinds of disrespect"  [
http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Critics-weigh-Blumenthal-s-words-491710.php
]

Robin, Blumenthal is quoted as having said,  "I am called general all the
time in my role, but the highest rank I will ever have in life is as a
sergeant in the United States Marines." (ibid.)

JL

JL