Clothing terms

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Mon May 24 16:33:15 UTC 2010

On May 24, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

> the size and resolution of this version made it impossible for me to *read* the clothing descriptions (and prices) there, and blowing the image up didn't help.  maybe it's just my aging eyes.
>
> but i could read this version:
> http://www.filmhobbit.com/new/It-s-Expensive-To-Keep-Up-With-The-Joneses-Poster-17283.html

modified rapture.  even on this one, there are a few things i couldn't be sure of:

son’s shoes: Sun-bleached pre-torn[?] [something??] tops $142

father: Chocolate [something??] oxfords $525

daughter’s shoes: Classic tweed [something??] flats: $120

note the tag line for the movie:

The Joneses: They’re not just living the American dream, they’re selling it.

arnold