Clothing terms

Rick Barr rickbarremail at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 24 20:16:56 UTC 2010

Thanks, Arnold, for the useful links to the posts on your blog. And also for
the comments on the protean and industry-nuanced quality of clothing terms.
Another problem I had noticed with store catalogues was that many of them
created their own chromonymy (if you will): David's Bridal, for instance,
uses color names that aren't widely used across the board. I guess it's
another way to make people turn to the same brand, since communication about
that brand's products will then be easier.

I'm sorry about the lo-res image. The highest resolution I could find was
this one:
http://www.reviewstl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/the-joneses-movie-poster.jpg
But still, some names were particularly difficult to read.

Thanks to Garson for posting the exact item names. I saw the poster at a
movie theater, and in that version there was no problem reading the labels.

-- Rick