Arcana

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 26 01:35:12 UTC 2010

Wicked weird! I don't find "sedition" arcane, but I do find this use
of it arcane. OTOH, I *can* conceive of constant, unrelenting,
knee-jerk opposition to *everything* that Obama and the Dems may
propose as having an *effect* similar to that of outright sedition.
Maybe that's where Patrick was going with that thought.

-Wilson

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Arcana
>
> The Boston Globe today characterizes Massachusetts Governor Deval
> Patrick as using an arcane word to describe knee-jerk opposition to
> whatever President Obama proposes or says.
>
> What is that word?  Sedition.
>
> Joel

-Wilson
–––