Heard on local news: there were > it was --- (possible blend)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Wed May 26 15:51:30 UTC 2010

This is a slightly belated reply. The sentence cited below by Wilson Gray looks like a blend, deriving from:
"...just in case there were more problems on the boat than we thought"  plus
"just in case it was more serious on the boat than we thought."

G. Cohen

Original message from Wilson Gray, Mon 10/6/2008 8:52 AM
Subject: Heard on local news: there were > it was

Local, white-male resident of Matha's Vineyard, MA, describing his
response to seeing from land a fire on a ferry:

"I alerted the authorities, just in case _it was_ more problems on the
boat than we thought."

-Wilson