Million Dollar Question

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 26 17:33:30 UTC 2010

Has anyone ever analyzed the variations in the "That's an/the X Dollar
Question"? I just heard a reporter say, "That's a hundred billion
dollar question", in reference to some NYC board approval or
disapproval of the downtown Islamic Center. I can unequivocally say
that this is the /largest/ figure I have ever heard associated with
the phrase. The inflation of the figures in this phrase does sound a
lot like the evolution of Dr. Evil ransom demands in Austin Powers.

VS-)