OT: War of 1812

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu May 27 14:02:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:49:22AM -0400, Amy West wrote:
> On 5/27/10 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
>> Date:    Wed, 26 May 2010 21:51:21 -0400
>> From:    Wilson Gray<hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
>> Subject: OT: War of 1812
>>
>> "Natives getting short shrift in_War of 1812 Bicentennial_!"
>>

>> Did anyone else besides Geoff Nathan know that Canada*celebrates*  the
>> War of 1812?

For an impressive example of this, see "The War of 1812," by
Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie (not by The Arrogant Worms,
though they are often credited with this song, including in
the header of this video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7jlFZhprU4

Chorus:

"And the White House burned, burned, burned,
And we're the ones that did it
It burned, burned, burned,
While the president ran and cried.
It burned, burned, burned,
And things were very historical.
And the Americans ran and cried like a bunch of little babies
Waa waa waah!
In the War of 1812!"

Jesse "I have Canadian friends" Sheidlower
OED