measuring the drapes

Sat May 29 03:20:00 UTC 2010

I wrote about the history of "measuring the drapes/curtains" in 2008,
following up on ADS-L discussion:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=763
http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/1591/

The New York Times political blog "The Caucus" then picked it up:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/measuring-the-window-treatments/

--Ben Zimmer