Puzzling blend

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Sun May 30 19:27:18 UTC 2010

On 5/30/10 2:52 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Alice Faber<faber at haskins.yale.edu>  wrote:
>
> "... give the 49ers a refreshing _age_ in the Secondary"
>
> an exact quote?
>
> I would have expected
>
> "... give the 49ers a refreshing _edge_ in the Secondary."

If it was in the quotes I dredged up from Google, it was cut-and-pasted
from the blog or whatever it was in. Sports blog comments tend to not be
proofread all that well, though I could imagine a phonological story
behind that spelling. That said, in that specific entry, the same player
was described as being both from Nevada and Nebraska, so I'm going to go
with error.

Alice Faber                                       faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                            tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                               fax (203) 865-8963