Content Farms

Paul Frank paulfrank at POST.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Nov 2 16:25:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> At 11/2/2010 03:03 AM, Paul Frank wrote:
>>And the terms "tax farming" and "tax farmer" are often used in
>>English-language histories of China (and of Thailand and several other
>>Asian countries).
>
> And not by English-language historians of England? Â Of course --
> reprehensible or corrupt practices are only practices in other countries!
>
> Joel

I only mentioned it because "tax farming" is an extremely common term
in English-language sinology and Chinese historiography. Sorry I
mentioned it.

Paul

Paul Frank
Translator
Chinese, German, French, Italian > English
Espace de l'Europe 16
Neuchâtel, Switzerland
paulfrank at bfs.admin.ch
paulfrank at post.harvard.edu