in the suck

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 3 17:06:02 UTC 2010

1997 Reverge Anselmo _The Cadillac of Six-By's_ [sic] [N.Y.: HarperCollins]
21:
The colonel made a speech: "This is the day I thank God that I belong to the
Marine Corps, and that all of you men here belong to me. We are in the Suck
as one. I will toast this day, and you will toast it with me.

The period described is the Beirut deployment of the early '80. The word
does not appear in any Vietnam-era writings that I am familiar with.

Note the leading publisher's odd pluralizing apostrophe in the title.

JL