And in (additional) honor of the Giants' World Series win...

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 3 21:15:59 UTC 2010

1927 _Charleroi [Pa.] Mail_ (June 23) 7: The Phillies went into a deadlock
on Cy's Chinese homer only to see the Buccos hammer over four runs a little
later.

1943 _Burlington [N.C.] Daily Times-News_  (Sept. 10) 8: No fewer than 21[?]
National League players hit their first home runs at the Polo
Grounds...That's why they call them Chinese home runs...The Giants can't win
even in a Chinese park.  [Suspension points in original.]

1948 _Lowell [Mass.] Sun_ (Oct. 2) 5: Ballplayers played ball in those days.
Now they pop a Chinese home run into an overhanging balcony and the crowd
thinks it's wonderful.

1951 _Altoona Mirror_ (Oct. 6) 1: As the scene shifted from the massive
Yankee stadium to the Polo grounds - scene of the "Chinese" home run, [sic]
the fans seemed to be only warming up to what  so far has been the most
anti-climatic [sic] world series [sic] ever played.

JL