And in (additional) honor of the Giants' World Series win...

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 4 17:36:12 UTC 2010

All you say is true, but it also ignores the fact that Opium would not
have been well known either, at least, not in anything other than
medical sense (and that also would have been somewhat geared toward the
more educated).

     VS-)