George Mason University has bought a Vocabula Review site license

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Nov 5 15:42:58 UTC 2010

At 3:17 PM +0000 11/5/10, Michael Quinion wrote:
>  > George Mason University has bought a Vocabula Review site license.
>
>What relevance, other than commercial puffery, does this have to do with
>the ADS? Does the Society now allow advertising on this list?

I don't think "allow" really applies here, since the list is
unmoderated.  I believe Mr. Fiske is the only offender (albeit a
regular one) of the implicit ban on commercial puffery.

LH