begibees

Sun Nov 7 23:19:16 UTC 2010

>From a bird-watchers' group:

"First, three racoons suddeny crossed out back within the stone wall.  The dogs were inside but gave- what's that fox hunting term?  Voice?   Scared the begibees out of the poor racoons, who hastily climbed trees and didn't descend until the dogs and I were long gone."

I know "bejesus", which fits here, and "heebie-jeebies", thanks to Louis Armstrong -- is this meld widespread?

GAT

George A. Thompson