Quote: By three methods we may learn wisdom (attrib Confucius 1893)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 8 17:22:07 UTC 2010

I first heard about "unknown unknowns" around 1979.  Things we don't even
know we don't know because we have no idea they even exist.
Consider mad-cow prions.

JL