"Divan"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 9 19:32:35 UTC 2010

It would be DIE-van (~dievan) for me.  di-VAN (~divvan) sounds like a car.  Thefreedictionary.com has only the UK version spoken ~divvan.  M-w.com has both but with ~divvan first.  M-w.com wouldn't be using UK phoneticists would they?  After all they have Webster in their name.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling