RE "Shoot beaver"?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 10 13:34:25 UTC 2010

Former Yankee pitcher Jim Bouton achieved a _success de scandale_ in 1969-70
when he reported in his memoir, _Ball Four_, that certain Yankee greats
would prowl under the stands trying to "shoot beaver."

HDAS has 1974 for female "shooters," 1969 for the male kind.

JL