Query: Slang "Awesome sauce!"

Thu Nov 11 15:16:06 UTC 2010

My impression is that "awesome sauce" (along with similar "X sauce"
formations) was originally modeled on "weak sauce" (meaning 'lame,
disappointing'). Urban Dictionary has entries for "weak(-)sauce" going
back to 2003:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weak%20sauce&defid=115176
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weak-sauce&defid=331879

--bgz