optical = '(of persons or works) sensitive or attentive to the artistic possibilities of scenes and images'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 14 15:56:24 UTC 2010

a2009 Douglas Sirk, in Sam Stagg _Born to be Hurt_  [N.Y.: St. Martin's
Press]
102: "[B]eing a very optical man, I got a good impression of his face, and
it was very interesting.

I'd have said "visual" - which isn't in the OED either.  I've probably been
using it for  thirty years, very possibly a little longer.

JL