Hubba-hubba [Was: Aw, naw he di?n'!]

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 15 16:44:55 UTC 2010

Just as a point of reference, compare to the contemporary usage:

"In Saawariya, it was definitely the minute his towel dropped - hubba
hubba."  http://bit.ly/drAR0y
"When you think of Ricky Martin, you probably think, "hubba, hubba!" The
former boy-band hunk of singing love is no longer just a pretty face and
vibrating glutes, he's also a deep and thoughtful author of a new
autobiography."  http://bit.ly/aFvqMP
"Now that I'm a bit older, I wish that Halloween came more often because
it means girls wear less clothing, there's lots of candy and because The
Office totally knows how to do a Halloween episode. Angela in a nurse
costume? Hubba hubba." http://bit.ly/bwW0yB

Enough said.

In the cartoon setting I mentioned earlier, it was an excited utterance
(followed by "N'yang-n'yang-n'yang-n'yang!"), but it had no sexual
connotation.

     VS-)