It's Official: NOAD Demeans Self for PR Gold (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Nov 16 14:54:12 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Was there any reason to make this post other than to make a political
point?

I'd much rather see people self-censor their off-topic political views
than to ask Wilson to stop his reminiscences, or even to limit the plugs
for Vocabula Review.

Behalf Of

----------------------

------
> -
>
> I can live with "refudiate"--whatever!
>
> But can we please refer to Palin by her full title, please?
>
> > The former governor used the word in a Twitter message last summer,
> > calling on "peaceful Muslims" to "refudiate" a planned mosque near
the
> > site of the 9/11 attacks in New York. When critics pounced on the
> > made-up verb, Palin deleted the Tweet and replaced it with one that
> > called on Muslims to "refute" the site - even though that usage made
> > no sense, either, since to refute is to prove something to be
untrue.

> Please--it's "former half-term failed governor". If pressed, one can
> omit the "failed" part.
>
> VS-)
>
> On 11/15/2010 4:42 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20101115/pl_yblog_theticket/almo
st-