Track(ed) record

Paul Frank paulfrank at POST.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Nov 19 17:07:29 UTC 2010

Ron,

My me too was serious: like you, I had always wrongly assumed that
track record was a record that people had kept track of. My lame
little post-scriptum joke was also serious: I thought you were
breaking your own rule. But it turns out that your rule is more
discriminating (in the best sense of the word) than I had assumed:
your introspection generates and explicates linguistic data; other
folks' introspection is so much chatter, to borrow a word. So I sit
corrected again.

As for top posting, there are good arguments for it:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting>. And good
ones against it. It makes no nevermind to me.

Cheers,
Paul