baby daddy

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 19 22:52:25 UTC 2010

OK, so it's only Gawker, but it still looks odd:

http://goo.gl/V2VpB
> Like the mainstream media that she reviles, Palin delights in
> recounting her favorite protest signs—including a naked one of Levi!
> Ew, Sarah Palin saw her daughter's baby daddy naked!

Like "baby mama", this one is widespread and, of course, has a few UD
entries (38 of them). For example,

> Usually a broke ass black man; Who you met through a friend and had
> sex wit when you was upset and confused. Now you don had his baby and
> he dont pay child support and denies yo son ray ray.

Here's another one:

http://goo.gl/udUmj
> Teen Mom star Amber Portwood has been charged with two felony counts
> and one misdemeanor for abusing her baby daddy, Gary Shirley, in front
> of their two-year-old daughter, Leah.

Given this, I am not entirely sure Gawker's syntax is correct. Then,
again, how else would you refer to a third-party's child's father?

VS-)