throwup, n.

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 21 20:50:17 UTC 2010

Not sure which is stranger: its absence from OED or an apparently authentic
1918 ex.:

1918 in Emile M. Calhoun _WW1 Diary of Pvt. Emile M. Calhoun_ , ed. Michael
C. Joseph. [Independence, Mo.: Two Trails Publishing Co., 1999] 25: The
latrines are full of sea sick ones too; Can't step without stepping in
throw-up.

I can't verify the quote because I found it in a secondary source, and GB
doesn't "preview" the original.

Needless (?) to say this term has been familiar to me for at least forty
years.

JL