"row back" -- eggcorn?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 24 02:42:14 UTC 2010

Metro is an oddball publication with a mix of reporters from different
walks of life--and different backgrounds. Would not be too surprising to
find a Brit, Indian or Pakistani writing among them.

Standard poli-speak in this situation is "walk-back", so the metaphor is
nearly the same. "Roll back" has an entirely different meaning that does
NOT imply taking back something that was said or scaling down the impact
of the comment. It /would/ apply, however, if Pistole ordered a return
to earlier procedures--that would most certainly be a "roll back".

It sounds more obscure than eggcornish and other comments prove it.

     VS-)