goldilocks planet

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 1 16:17:42 UTC 2010

At 10/1/2010 11:52 AM, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>Not too big.  Not too small.  Not too hot.  Not too cold.  The
>planet is just right for conditions for life as we know it on
>earth.  It's a goldilocks planet.

Apparently the overlooked WOTY for 1989:  "Some planetary scientists
have dubbed the Earth the 'Goldilocks planet'. The idea comes from
the story of 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'."  [Fred Pearce,
Turning up the heat: our perilous future in the global greenhouse.]

Perhaps having increased prominence in a year in which Earth has
become too hot not just for polar bears and glaciers but also for
humans.  (A historical record world-wide.)

Joel