Singing in a dialect and "Authentic pronunciation" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Oct 5 14:46:33 UTC 2010

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> > I can recall some English people decades ago remarking on Peter
Sellers'
> > "marvelous" ability to mimic an "American" accent (as though there
were just
> > one).

His portrayal of President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove was pretty
good.

> > Some actors of a later generation are indeed brilliant at dialects,
> > however.  I especially remember Londoner Emily Loyd as a Kentuckian
girl in
> > _In Country_ (1988).

I've always been impressed with Robin Wright Penn's Southern dialect in
"Toys".