father-bother [Was: ont/ahnt]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Oct 6 17:24:51 UTC 2010

I must have grown up in the wrong part of New York City, and gone to
the wrong part of the Boston area -- I don't think I can
distinguish.  Except that I can imagine -- or invent? -- a slightly
lower sound (I don't have the vocabulary for phonetics) for "bother".

Are there minimal pairs I could try out?

Joel