Hitchcock's McGuffin story possibly derived from a story about an imaginary mongoose

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 17 13:51:54 UTC 2010

Robin is correct. I was confusing the original "Sredni Vashtar" with the TV
version broadcast on NBC's _Great Ghost Stories_ in 1961. (Not all the
stories were about ghosts or mongooses.)

JL