running out of context

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 17 14:52:56 UTC 2010

  There have been several different versions of phishing messages
mentioned on this list. Just now I got a new one that seems to be
considerably better composed than the rest. The ruse is the helpful
claim from the email service "help desk", suggesting that the mailbox
content has exceeded its capacity--except that it's not what the message
actually says.

> Be informed also that your mail box has exceeded the storage limit set
> by administrator/database; *you are currently running out of context*
> and you may not be able to send or receive some new mail until you
> re-validate your mailbox.

Unlike other phishing messages, this one comes from an apparent US
address (@celebration.fl.us). There are a couple of other heavy hint at
the nature of this message, so it can never be mistaken for a real one.
I just thought to forward this portion for your amusement.

     VS-)

PS: If, by chance, you happen to "collect" these, I'll be happy to
forward the entire text (I have no idea if it's been stripped by
anti-malware protection, but it's quite inoffensive in its present
state--no scripts or false links).