kype

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 23 11:06:38 UTC 2010

I've heard the word "kype" used as a synonym for "steal". I think it was
from my time in the northern Rockies. Many people in the backwater West say
racial slurs more from ignorance than malice. Believe it or not, I have
heard people there use the "n" word freely in the company of African
Americans totally oblivious to the fact that they were being
insulting--until I informed them. These were people who had lived very
isolated lives. They had no clue that it was insulting. Of course, some knew
better, but still had had little or no contact with a black or jewish
person--and so, of course, still spoke from ignorance.

25 years in N. Idaho,
Eric