I don't give a stuff

Wed Oct 27 18:11:09 UTC 2010

Some of the following amusing terms found quickly via matching in
Google Books are still in use. But these terms are not as flexible as
"stuff".

1865 I don't give a sixpence
1887 I don't give a cuss
1890 I don't give a farthing
1894 I don't give a continental
1901 I don't give a continental hang rap
1904 I don't give a cent
1908 I don't give a pipeful of rabbit tobacco
1910 I don't give a rap
1910 I don't give a snap
1910 I don't give a hang
1914 I don't give a whoop-in-blazes