color<>structure

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 29 07:42:37 UTC 2010

A bizarre little twist in sentence structure from Politico:

http://politi.co/cDEPbz
> The Commission, finding *the color's white structure* a bit tacky, did
> insist that it be bronze colored.

It took me several tries to figure out what happened. And I am still not
positive, but, it seems, they simply flipped the words "color" and
"structure".  The question remains as to how this might have been
accomplished. It could not be a mere accident--the possessive structure
has been retained and the words are not next to each other. So the
change must have been deliberate. So I am stuck scratching my head,
asking, "What were they thinking?"

     VS-)