McGuffin and Bogey

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 30 22:36:09 UTC 2010

I just finished reviewing the first 1000 of 6800 GB raw hits between
1900 and 1940 and the majority of citations are for US sources. There is
a small sample of Irish and Northern Irish sources, but nothing
obviously Scottish. (E.g., Samuel McGuffing, MP, at least 1918-1921)
This number does include, however, Maguffin and MacGuffin as well.

BTW, the majority of hits are for US legal cases (as mentioned
previously) and for genealogies. Very few are fiction or historical writing.

      VS-)