Singing in a dialect and "Authentic pronunciation" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 31 16:34:09 UTC 2010

I would like to add Pat Boone's version of "Tutti Frutti" to your
list--under worst, of course. To be fair, I've heard that he really didn't
want to record the song but bowed to management pressure.

Here's a great version of Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" by Russian singer
Irina Surina--accompanied by guitar ace Tommy Emmanuel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnn4Y_2Ss-I

To hear her sing--oh so beautifully--in Russian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7O47M5SgX0&feature=related

I first heard her when she sang with the Russian Bluegrass band Kukuruza
years ago. Her English accent is much improved since those days.

Eric